- Participation may be of a physical nature and safety instructions will be given at the start of training.
- You agree to adhere to all safety instructions and rules while training, and will only use the learned skills in protection of your life or the life of another to the level that the laws of the State that you are in at the time of their use allow.
- You hereby assume full responsibility for any and all damages, injuries, or losses that may be sustained or incurred, if any, while attending and/or participating in the A.C.T. Self Defense Training.
- You will advise the Senior Instructor(s) of any health/medical condition(s) or current injury(s) you may have prior to the event.
- You waive all claims against the owners, promoters, instructors, facility or sponsors of said A.C.T. Self Defense Training, individually or otherwise, for any claim for injuries that you might sustain.
- You fully understand that any medical attention given to you will be of an emergency first aid treatment only.
- You acknowledge that you are in good health and that you understand that the techniques shown can be lethal and must only be used with proper instruction, or in the protection of one’s life or the life of another.
- You voluntarily submit your application for attendance and participation in the A.C.T. Assailant Control Technique for self-defense training.
- Any participant under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian's signature to participate.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
Occasionally we will photograph and/or videotape classes for use on social media or the internet. By participating in a class, you are agreeing to the following:
- You hereby irrevocably grant to A.C.T. Women’s Self Defense, its parent, subsidiaries, agents, employees, successors, assigns, and anyone authorized by any of them, the right to copyright, reproduce, publish, and otherwise use anywhere in the world and forever on the Internet, your name, photographic image, and likeness, without territorial, time, use, or other limitation in connection with the creation, use and distribution of training, promotional, marketing or other materials, including videotapes and photographs (the “Materials”).
- You hereby sell, assign and transfer to A.C.T. Women’s Self Defense, and its parent, successors and assigns and anyone authorized by any of them, all your right, title, and interest, including the right to copyright in the world and to renew said copyright in the world, in the Materials that are the subject of this Release and Authorization, including negatives, prints, and positives from any film.
- You hereby consent to have any of the Materials that are the subject of this Release and Authorization retouched or otherwise altered. You hereby waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve the form and use of any and all of the Materials, your name, or likeness.
- You hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless A.C.T. Women’s Self Defense, and its parent, subsidiaries, agents, employees, successors, assigns, and anyone authorized by any of them, from any and all rights, claims, demands, damages, and actions that you, your heirs, and executors or assigns may have in connection with the use of any and all of the Materials, your name, or likeness, in any and all present or future media, including, but not limited to, any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, and use in composite form.
- You represent and warrant that the statement(s) attributed to you accurately reflect your opinion, and that you are of legal age and have every right to contract in your own name without violating any other commitment. You further state that you have read, or have had read to you, the above Release and Authorization prior to its execution and that you are fully familiar with and understand the contents hereof. No representations have been made to you other that as stated herein.